Discover the APSIA Schools
APSIA represents 34 of the top international affairs and public policy programs in the United States and abroad. APSIA offers you access to graduate students trained in a broad array of areas: economics, human rights, development, security, management, policy analysis, communications and foreign languages.
All APSIA schools offer master’s degrees; some offer doctoral programs. Many also feature dual degrees that combine the study of international policy with law, business, environmental studies, public health, area studies or other related fields. In addition to our richly diverse student base, we have an extensive alumni population representing all experience levels and all parts of the world.
Submit a Job Posting
What Our Graduates Can Do For Your Organization
Download our career brochure
Students trained by the APSIA schools contribute to governments, nonprofits and private enterprise in varied specialties, including:
- Project Management. APSIA graduates manage international projects ranging from famine relief in southern Africa to monitoring elections in Serbia to developing environmental programs in Latin America. They understand the intricacies of international projects and are experts at creating the necessary collaborations and working across cultures.
- Policy Analysis. APSIA students are trained to conduct thorough analyses of international issues. Most importantly, they can communicate this analysis effectively to a variety of audiences. APSIA graduates serve as analysts for federal agencies, international organizations, and private firms working with governments, NGOs and multilateral organizations.
- Trade and Economic Development. Our graduates understand changing international economics and the challenges of development. APSIA graduates work in the U.S. and across the world for governments and NGOs, leading international efforts to alleviate poverty and encourage the growth of mutually productive trade relationships.
- International Finance. Our students complete extensive coursework in finance, accounting, and economics, and bring a global perspective and understanding to the study and practice of these fields. Many APSIA graduates have professional experience in such fields as fixed income, portfolio management, risk management, derivatives, and emerging markets.
- Global Communications. APSIA graduates understand the impact of global technology, and have the language skills and intercultural knowledge to be effective in managing global communications projects and companies.
- Advocacy. Our students are trained to be advocates in a wide variety of issues, ranging from human rights, political causes, public health concerns, and the environment, that require detailed knowledge of theory with practical field experience.
Strengthen Your Organization With an APSIA Graduate Intern
Do you need a project done but lack the staff to complete it? Do you want access to the latest analytic methods? An intern who understands complex organizations and can evaluate programs? Someone who can deliver a finished analysis of an international issue? You need a graduate intern, a professional who may already have several years of work experience.
A graduate intern from an APSIA school is of tremendous value. Our interns can give you professional work for a fraction of the cost of an independent consultant. Furthermore, a graduate internship gives you an opportunity to evaluate and recruit potential long-term talent for your organization.
APSIA interns can:
- Conduct evaluations of ongoing programs or pilot projects.
- Track and analyze legislation affecting your organization
- Conduct country and market analysis
- Research and report on key issues that affect your organization’s operation.
- Prepare briefing books and position papers.
- Analyze quantitative data.
- Conduct surveys or interviews to collect policy data.
- Coordinate events and projects.
- Work with international clients to support development projects.
- Provide a variety of client services and evaluate outcomes.
- For information on hiring APSIA graduates and interns, contact the APSIA Career Directors.